Sunday, August 23, 2009

The last supper







Tonight I headed into D.C. with the family for one of our last family meals before I leave. We ate at "Fogo de Chao" an AMAZING Brazilian steakhouse that provides customers with a "marathon" of meat. Each person is given a poker chip with a red and green side, once you're ready, you flip to green and the feast begins! The dining room is filled with men with huge scewers of 16 different cuts of beef, chicken, and pork, all slowly roasted over a fire and served table side. Once you've gotten a few slices of meat, you flip to red and enjoy! The "flipping" process continues until you have to unbutton the top button of your pants and crawl out of the restaurant! I'll tell you, us Petty's really put away some fine food this evening! Beka starts high school tomorrow and Forrest, my mom and I are going to enjoy the last bit of summer! 2 days till I leave for Qatar, then soon after my Dad and I will spend some time in the UAE! Ma' salama!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alicia!

    Enjoy your last few days with your family! I am looking forward to following your journey via your blog...I am thinking about doing one for wedding planning purposes, so if I do, I will let you know! :) Safe travels!

    Love, Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our love and prayers go with you and thanks for taking the time to put this blog together so we can all experience Amman through your eyes. You are a very special young lady and we will miss your smiling face terribly so please post some smiling pictures often. Jim & Donna

    ReplyDelete